Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Trying to figure this out...
Okay so this is my first official posting on my blog. I am still trying to work all of the kinks out so bear with me. I have started this blog as a kind of online journey to document our life and experiences during our adoption process. We have decided to adopt a daughter from China via the Great Wall China Adoption Agency. After researching adoption several months ago, and trying to decide between trying to have another baby or adopt, we decided to put all plans on hold until my husband finished his PhD at the end of the summer/fall. However, we came across it again on our way back from Palm Springs during Spring Break week. As we were sitting in a plane on the runway waiting for a gate to pull into, I pulled out the old American Way magazine. There in the back of it was an ad for the GWCA agency and felt like something clobbered me over the head (no it wasn't my luggage). I just felt this strong connection to the ad. I came home and looked at the website and then scoured the internet about Chinese adoptions. I emailed my in laws minister (who adopted a daughter from China years ago) and he said he knew people who used GWCA and were very happy. After researching more and more, I couldn't find one bad thing about GWCA and one person who had a bad experience. The deal was sealed after I spoke with my regional representative Erin. She was so helpful and I just knew it was the right decision for us. So after we watched our video and read over all the materials, we were ready to begin our journey to adopting a daughter.

I will actually try and put a timeline up on another page if I can figure that out but so far here is what we have done...

Sunday, March 19...requested information packet from GWCA
Saturday, March 25...received packet from GWCA (yes, took forever to get mail from Austin to Dallas!)
Monday, March 27...sent application into GWCA (keep fingers crossed)

Right now we are just kind of in a holding pattern until we hear back from GWCA. Keep your fingers crossed for us. More later!


1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Love it! And I will be a faithful reader! I'm so glad to know you and I can't wait to take this journey with you, Matt and Parker. See you Saturday! Erin

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG