Monday, April 03, 2006
Our Application Has Been Received!!!

We faxed our application this morning to GWCA since the USPS decided to hang onto it for awhile. Glad I didn't include my credit card information in there. Anyway, GWCA emailed us to let us know it was being processed and we should hear about approval either way sometime this week. I am excited but I have to tell you some of the momentum has died down only because of my anticipation last week. Once I hear from them, I will be giddy like a school girl!

We had our workshop this past Saturday with our regional representative from GWCA, Erin. She has truly become a friend through this process so far and I was so glad to finally meet her! Her workshop was awesome and answered some questions that we had about everything that is involved in the process. I am so glad to have her in my corner and so glad to have become her friend! Her daughter Mollianne is adorable and she and Parker could get into some serious trouble...hopefully, he will leave his pants on though :)!

So Matt and I have started looking at model houses on the weekends now in Frisco. Of course, everything we look at is more than what we are looking for and out of our price range. We seem to end up driving around and looking in areas that are $700k and up. It is so much fun though. Parker has had a blast running through model homes.

For those of you who don't, Parker still has his eating issues. The issues consist of only wanting to eat crackers, nutrigrain bars, and Gerber vegetables and fruits. Yes, baby food still. We went along with this for far too long because we thought it was part of his prematurity. Well, after consulting the developmental doctors and visits from his OT, we have confirmed he does not have any sensory issues (sometimes a preemie problem) he is just stuborn and wants to maintain control. So I have finally had enough of my 2 1/2 year old boy only eating baby food and I am taking the tough Mom approach. Of course this also on advice from our doctors and such. We all eat at the table for almost every meal and he gets what we make him or he doesn't eat. Don't worry we make sure he gets food during the day, just not his pound of Goldfish or Gerber Bananas or Nutrigrains. Tonight we gave him part of a grilled cheese, some apples and some yogurt. Of course he didn't eat it but he did put the apple in his mouth and he didn't throw the bowl. Everybody who knows Parker knows this has gone on too long...he has never eaten a hamburger, french fry, mashed potatoes, chicken nugget...I can go on. All of this because he just doesn't want to. So wish me luck I have been being tough since last Thursday and I think I am starting to wear him down. It might take weeks or months but I will perservere! Poor kid is hungrier than normal though and I leave food out for him but it is nothing he wants.

Okay, enough for today. Parker has Mother's Day Out tomorrow and I get to have breakfast with my friend Lori...I haven't been to breakfast in forever! Looking forward to it!

Oh...I am posting a picture of my cat Merlin. I love Merlin because he is the epitomy of a lazy sloth. But he is good for keeping you warm and snuggling!


1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

It was wonderful to meet you, my friend! And I am wishing you tons and tons of luck with Parker. We are having the same issue with potty training. Toddlers do have a mind of their own, don't they? :-) Much love, E

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG