Thursday, April 06, 2006
APPROVED! Let the Paper Chase begin!!!
YIPPEEEE!!! I spoke with GWCA and they had just finished looking over our application and we have been approved. I honestly couldn't think of a reason we wouldn't be approved but I really didn't feel official until we got the approval. So now we will begin our paperchase journey. I am hoping to have all of it completed by September. Wow! This is just so exciting to think that I am going to a mommy again of a beautiful little girl. What is more amazing is to think that Parker is going to be a big brother. It means so much to us for Parker to have somebody to grow up with. I mean he really is going to need somebody to make fun of us with when he gets older.

Everybody has been so great and supportive of us in this journey so far and I thank you all. Erin, you especially because you have been my advocate and cheering group! Of course my mind is already ripping a border off Parker's playroom, which will be our daughter's room, and picking a paint color etc...I know I have a year and a half...but Parker's early arrival into the world just shows you that you can never be too prepared. Honestly though, I think we will wait a few months until we are a little further into the process to pick a name and such. I do have so ideas already.

As for an update on Parker's eating...he is making progress. We went to our good friends house yesterday and he took bites of a PB&J sandwich that Rebecca made him. Of course he was watching Celia and I think that had a lot to do with it. Not just because he is crazy about her but that peer pressure has a lot to do with it. It was such a wonderful thing for me to see him is normal food! Of course, I made it again yesterday and he didn't want it and he hasn't eaten anything new today but progress is progress. Now if I can just get Celia to come over for every meal!


2 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

Congratulations!!!!! I know how agonizing the wait for approval can be. It's like you said, you can't think of any reason they won't approve you but until you get the "official" word you are on pins and needles. Welcome to the gang. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
Robyn - fellow "Erins GWCAer"

Blogger Erin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I wouldn't be happier if I had just received this news. I cannot wait to meet your daughter. And you think I have been your cheerleader so far? Wait until you get that referral! :-) Many, many hugs! Love, E

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG