Monday, April 10, 2006
Got the Adoption Agreement TODAY!!
I haven't posted in a few days because it has been a little crazy around here. I have been in a cleaning mode and have been cleaning out rooms. It has taken so much time but I love looking at the newly organized clean room when I am done. The upside of this is that I have found some great stuff to list on Ebay. For those of you who do not know me, I love Ebay!

Well, today, Mikey is at the vet. I am actually going to have to put him down today. My Mom is going to come and watch Parker so I can be with Mikey. Mikey is our tabby cat who I rescued from the street shortly before we got married almost seven years ago. He is a wonderful snuggle cat and has proved to be a great companion for Merlin our fat, lazy cat. Unfotunatley, Mikey has hypertension which caused him to go blind within about two months. I took him to the vet last September for a check up...everything looked great. By November he was blind and his kidney's shutting down. We have actually noticed that the past few days Mikey has been sitting in the corner in Parker's playroom and just not being himself. I took him to the vet and found out he has lost a pound and not doing to well. I just had that feeling that I know it is time. He has never adapted to being blind and there is nothing worse than watching a beloved animal walk into walls and live in a state of constant disorentation. Merlin chases him around and tries to play with him but ends up scaring him even further. So it is time. This is the second animal I have had to put down in less than a month. What is going on??????

More later...


3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry. Losing a pet is so, so hard. I know that he will be in a better place but saying goodbye is always hard. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hugs!

Blogger Erin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Erin said...

Hey!! You have been tagged - check out my blog and you'll see what I mean! Love ya!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG