Monday, May 21, 2007
MARCO...
Parker's First run through the sprinkler of 2007!

Zoey the "She Beast" 13 weeks old






POLO!!!





Well, I am guessing that most people won't even notice this post. It has been almost four months since my last post. What can I say? Excuses I guess. Honestly, the truth, we have been busy and I guess what we have been busy with isn't all that interesting to other people.





Catching up on four months would take me a gazillion pages. Let me sum it up in a nutshell...we got a dog, had a great turn out for this years March of Dimes walk, found out it will take most likely 3 years before we get Larkin, my Mom retired, one of my best friends is about to have a baby, work work and more work, and Parker getting older.





Our dog's name is Zoey. She is a Newfoundland and a real pain in the ass right now. I love her to death but she eats everything. Primarily human flesh. Parker has cuts on his legs and I have cuts all over my arms as does Matt. My shoes are all narled on the heels and Matt has lost a few pairs of pants to this dog. She is 13 weeks old now and when we got her six weeks ago, she was just shy of 18 pounds. As of yesterday, she is just shy of 38. Thank God I don't gain weight at that rate. She is sweet but a puppy so she is a handful. We will be training her as soon as we are able to.





Parker and Matt are great. School is ending this week for Matt. He has to work most of the summer but it is always more relaxed when the kids are gone. Work is going well for me, I am at the point where I appreciate all the vacation I get. We are looking forward to taking a trip to see Matt's family, my family and our good friends this summer. Visiting the midwest is always a great way to beat the heat in the summer.





I'm afraid my M3 Posse thinks I have neglected them. I have seen most of them since the March of Dimes Walk. By the way, Parker's Peeps raised almost 1k this year and we had a turnout of 14 people. WE had a great time and I am so thankful to my friends for walking...even if it was muddy and we did get seperated. Hey we got bread an ice cream sandwiches! YUM!!





I have been a little out of the loop with busy weekends and such but honestly, I think I am just removed from the adoption process in general. We have pretty much officially been told it will be between a 24-36 month wait time. With only six months down, we are feeling a little bitter at this point. Actually, I shouldn't say that...we are over it at this point. We were upset for about two days because we felt lied to and and completely disengaged from our agency but now we are just pressing on. Possibly looking at other options. No we are not dropping out of China but with the possibility of not meeting our daughter until late 2009/early 2010 we need to figure out a plan B.





So I'm sorry M3 if you guys feel I have been absent lately. I miss you guys I just needed some much needed time to reflect on this process. You have all been so great an helpful and I am so happy you are all close to getting your babies! I can't wait to meet all of them.





I am off to bed now...but I wanted to touch base with my friends! Love you All!!

Labels:



5 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I just notified the Police to cancel the APB I put out on you. 4 months since your last post - that qualifies as blogger neglect and there is some sort of pennance applicable I will research it and get back to you. I check in here all the time hoping to see a new post...but I understand. The wait is unbearable for me...and I am almost 3/4 through it. I know how frustrating this must be for you all...and let's just say it; Puppies are cute and all...but give me a break they wear you out!

Please know how special you are and that people all around you really do care and think about you.

I know....I am one of them.

Love V

Blogger Robyn said...

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!

So glad that you are catching up on the blog. Let's try not to go so long next time.

Thinking of you!!

Blogger tnikitow said...

Dear Cuz:

I was just getting ready to delete you as a favorite...just kidding. I can't imagine living with the day to day frustration of waiting for your little girl, but I guess the thought process is that in the end it will all be worth it.

Obviously, the person who stated that "Patience is a virtue" never had to wait for anything in their life. Heck ,they probably bought their own Christmas presents.

In the meantime, you've decided to add a horse (dog in disguise) to your repertoire. When will you be fitting Parker for a saddle?

Sit back, relax and good things will come your way.

Love,
Tracy

Blogger Christie said...

What the heck, woman! I can't believe it! I'm so glad to know you're alive!?!?

Love the "puppy", if you can call her that? She's HUGE! Yikes!

Nothing new and we've had nothing new on the calendar...just Buca last weekend. So what's next?

Love ya!
Christie

Blogger Christie said...

OK - but time for a new post...

We've been kept waiting long enough - give it up!

The dog must be a moose by now?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG