Monday, October 09, 2006
Tick Tock, Tick Tock
Yes my friends. I am still waiting. Here is what I was waiting for as of last week. The authentication of my birth certificate from Chicago, Matt's authentication of his birth certificate from Los Angeles, and the authentication of our 171 and application letter from Houston. Well, the good news is, Chicago came through and I have my authentication letter. The bad news is, as of today, I still do not have the three other things. Now in all honesty, the 171 and application letter were just sent off last Tuesday overnight but Houston was very prompt with the authentications of everything else. I called the Chinese Consulate today to find out where Matt's birth certificate was as I know it arrived there on 09/27. Let me tell you how helpful she was. Anyway, if I don't get it tomorrow, i will be calling again. The good news is that I have another copy of Matt's birth certificate with its certification but I really dont' want to have to send that. So this is what it all hinges on folks. All I need to do is make my copies and I will hopefully be DTC. So I was hoping I would get it there this Wednesday so they could send it to China this Friday. So keep your fingers crossed for next week. GRRRR!!

On another note, we sold the beast this weekend. No, not Matt (HAHAHAHAHAHA!), the beast is my big Sequoia. It was just too much car for us even with Mei Mei coming. Plus now that I am working it sucked too much gas. We got a great price for it and now we are looking for another car. Yes, I am currently renting a stripped down Taurus and I am really missing my car. Hopefully, we will have a new car by this weekend! Any ideas from anybody (sorry to my MWL, but I know you love your Minivans but I just can't).

Okay and to my wonderful MWL group. Yes, I am a total weirdo. The lunch is this weekend but I still don't think I will be able to make it this Friday. I know you guys will have so much fun and I can't wait to see some of you soon! Hope all is well!


4 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

It's within reach...I am crossing everything for you to get it quick. I am familiar with the Chinese Consulates dedication to swift and efficient paper handling (not). Soon you will be official in the eyes of China!

Great news on selling your car. I hope you get something smoking...minivan's rock

Blogger Erin said...

We will miss you on Friday! Are you and your mom still coming on Saturday? Congrats on the car! Can't wait to hear what you get. And yes, I absolutely LOVE my minivan and I didn't think I could either. In fact, I HATED them until I actually had to drive one because my parents gave it to us. Now I don't see myself driving anything else. I'm weird, I know.

Blogger Elle said...

Nothing ever goes as planned! Hoping you get everything you need today!!

I drove a minivan once... that is all I have to say.

Do you want a car or a smaller SUV? Japanese or domestic?

Where in Addison are you working? I am near The Galleria - maybe we can meet for lunch soon?

Blogger Christie said...

Girl - I personally love the Saturn Vue and the Ford Escape. Not too $$ and really good buys. Another good little car is the Hyundai Santa Fe.

As for the paperwork, hang in there. When we were going through that, it was very stressful...and every day that it didn't come was a huge disappointment. The good news is, enjoy this adrenaline rush while you can, because in a week or two it will be literally TWIDDLING YOUR THUMBS for God knows how long. Take it from me, and every one of your MWL!

Speaking of...why I oughta! I'm so bummed you can't come. You and Shelli and Robin, and Vickie...should I keep going? All you girls are on my list...my MWDL list. I'll leave you to figure that one out!

Love ya!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG