Sunday, September 17, 2006
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY PARKER!!
Hard to see but this is the first time I held Parker. He as two weeks old. The bandage on his back is from his PDA ligation surgery. He was only 28 weeks gestation age in this picture.

Parker today eating his birthday cookies (he likes cookies not cake) and being his cute self.

Three years ago today my little guy entered the world 14 weeks early weighing 2lbs and 3oz. It was the most wonderful day of my life and also the beginning of journey that make me stronger than any person I know. He spent 84 days in the NICU and things were looking very grim on his seventh day in there before he had his PDA ligation (heart surgery). From that day on he had his ups and downs but he did so well and we were so very fortunate. He never had any brain bleeds, infections, eye problems, gastro problems, etc. We took him home on December 9th, 2003 and he has continued to grow, thrive and amaze us ever since that day.

I am honored to be his mother and every time I look at him, I remember how fortunate my husband and I are and how precious life is. I am amazed how quickly three years have passed. In three years he will be going to school and from there on time will pass even more quickly. I am so happy that he made me a mother and I cannot wait for him to meet his little sister.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! HAPPY THIRD BIRTHDAY PARKER! COUNTDOWN TO 4!


5 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Happy Birthday, sweet little guy! You are such a blessing. See you next Saturday - we will par-tay!

Blogger Robyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARKER!!! You will make an awesome big brother!!

Blogger Kelley said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, little man! We can't wait to celebrate with you on Saturday!

Blogger Elle said...

Happy Birthday Parker!!

Blogger Mommy Spice said...

I found your blog through several other blogs I was exploring. What a little blessing Parker is. Congratulations on the adoption process of your little girl. I have a daughter adopted from China and we are in the process of adopting her baby sister. Come by and see my blog.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG