Friday, July 21, 2006
Lunch with My Lady Friends!

Today was a wonderful day...I got to have lunch with my Mommies Who Lunch Group! It was so nice to see everybody, meet a few new people, and honestly, enjoy lunch with friends without having to chase Parker around. Now you all know how much I love my kiddo but sometimes just being able to sit and visit really hits the spot. Of course, I got to enjoy watching Kelley chase Miss M around all lunch! Ha!

We are definitely a Motley Crue and I really look forward to bonding with these ladies over the course of the next several years! Hopefully, we can all remain in touch that long if not longer! I was also very excited to find that my two top name choices for Mei Mei were met with such enthusiasm. Now of course nothing is set in stone as I have a list of about 8 names that I like now.

Tomorrow I am finally sending off our I600A. Of course we ran out of ink for our printer today and since I have to make all new copies of my homestudy (we all know why) I wasn't able to send it today. It will be FedEx'd tomorrow! I am truly hoping that we will be LID by the end of September but I think that is really pushing it. Keep your fingers crossed. I just really want to officially name my little girl and start buying things for her...yes, I have been so good. I have not bought one thing. I don't want to jinx anything.

So Parker is on the cusp of potty training. We are really starting to work on it but we are taking the approach of letting him tell us when he is ready. Well, today he told me that he had pooped and I told him we would go and change his pull up. Appearently, he heard, "Take your pull up off"...so you can imagine the fun mess I had to clean up. Did I mention how much I LOVE TODDLERS???

On a great note, interviews are going really well. I am honestly going to be able to pick and choose what I would like to do. I have several interviews next week and the jobs I am close to getting offers from I keep putting off because interesting positions keep coming my way. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I promise to keep up with my blog...I know I have been slack but honestly I have been focusing so hard on the job hunt, finding a great preschool for Parker, and the adoption stuff that the blog goes by the wayside.

Hope everybody has a great weekend. I heard it suppose to cool down to a balmy 94! Yippee!!

*Robyn, I hope you have fun at the concert and that all of Paul's dreams come true! :)
*Shelli, I DO so LOVE your car!!
*Erin, thanks for hosting today!
*Valerie, the cake was delish!
*Vicky, Kelley, Christie...it was so great to see you guys!


3 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

It was so great to see you, and although Parker was missed, it was nice to see you just relax and have a moment to yourself. I am keeping you in my thoughts for the perfect job to come your way. I have to say I heard one name and I thought it was adorable rhymes with wiper. I can see it being a tounge twister if you are yelling for both of them at the same time!

Blogger Robyn said...

Okay girl, I am so jealous. Where do you find these cute templates to keep changing your blog? It was great to see you again. Can't wait until next time.....

Blogger Elle said...

Love the names that you are considering!

It was great to see you! Hope the job hunt is going well!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG