Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Is that MY child???


So it is already Wednesday and this week has flown by. School ends tomorrow in Frisco and it ended yesterday in Plano. I cannot believe how quickly the year has flown. Why does it seem the older we get, the quicker time goes by? Summer is an okay season but definately not my favorite. I love it when kids are in school...it always seems like everything is much more harmonious in the world. Besides, summers here are so blistering hot it is hard to enjoy them.

Monday, we had Mollianne and Erin over to play and I think we had just as much fun as they did. We talked nonstop and time flew by. The kids played together wonderfully and I think that Mollianne is a wonderful little girl. She is so polite and I cracked up at the fact that she carried this little purse with her the entire time she was at my house. I don't think she let go of it for one second...I like to see somebody try and take her purse away :)!

We spent Monday afternoon at another friends house and I think Parker picked up a cold there. He has that telltale runny nose. We will see what happens.

Nothing too new on the adoption front...Erin brought over her huge stack of information to help me and guide me and we ended up talking the entire time. Actually, this is a slow week as far as adoption stuff goes as we are just waiting to finish up our home study which will happen in the next few weeks. Everytime I spend time with Erin and she her beautiful, polite, happy little girl, I get so excited! The entire process is exciting but there are definitely lulls in the middle since it is such a long process.

So when I was at my friend's house on Monday, she and another one of my best friends made fun of Parker's hair. I was trying to grow it out to cute longer hairstyle...well, it just looked shaggy. I was told by Kathy, my best friend of about 21 years that he had a mullet. Nice, thanks so much...so I decided a haircut is in order. Haircuts with Parker are an experience to say the least. You would think that a child who spent three months in the NICU, had surgery for a common preemie heart problem, and passed several kidney stones would sail through a haircut. Not so. The last haircut I took him to, I made my Mother come with me. It is one of those cute places that has movies, puts the kids in cute little cars, the whole shebang. Well, when the last haircut occured, Parker cried like he was being stabbed with hot pokers, I was clawed so badly that I was left with bruises, and my mom was exhausted from just trying to hold Parker in the chair. Yesterday, I made Matt sit with him while he got his haircut. It went much better than the past few times and ended up shorter than I would have liked but it does look better. Needless to say, my son now looks like he is six. I went in to get him up this morning and I had to think for a minute who the big boy was in the bed. He looks so grown up now.

Parker before the haircut...yes, he got into my lipstick and that is lipstick all over his leg.

Parker with his big boy haircut and his favorite toy, his vacuum!!



3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I love the haircut! You are right - he looks like he is about 6 years old. And I am so thankful to hear that Mollianne isn't the only one who freaks when getting a haircut. Now you know why I do them myself! Big hugs!

Blogger Valerie said...

I can't believe how much older he looks, remind me NOT to go to that hairstyliist if her talent is adding maturity...I would come out a Sr. citizen. He looks mighty handsome though.

Blogger Kelley said...

Phew! Before I paged down to read the caption under the photo, I thought that Parker had a haircut mishap that involved his leg...glad to see that it was just an experiment with Mommy's lipstick. I love the haircut too...absolutely adorable! I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG