Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Trying to catch up...
I have been meaning to post for the last several days. As you can see, I am trying to change the template of my blog. I found this super cute template but it is not coming through well. I am still tweaking it so bear with me.

We had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. We started our weekend off with a trip to our friend Mollianne's house for her third birthday party. Parker had so much fun there. She had a bounce house, a balloon man, a fun outdoor playhouse and so much more. It was great to see all of our adoption friends there with their beautiful daughters. Mollianne got some great things and had a wonderful party.


Mother's Day was wondeful! I got some books on China from Parker and Matt and then my Mom and I went to a movie and lunch together. It was nice just being to get away for a few hours. Plus we saw Poesidan...who doesn't love a good disaster flick? I also got some great Hibiscus plants from my Mother...those plants last almost all year here and they are beautiful all year.

On the adoption front, I had my first meeting with our social worker yesterday and it went really well. We have our second meeting this coming Saturday so we are cruising right along. We hope to have that all done with (there are four meetings) by the end of the first week in June. Then we will be able to submit our form to the government for adoption...the approval process for that can take up to three months. During that time we wait. We hope to have everything complete and get our Dossier to China by the end of July or early August. Keep your fingers crossed.

Today marks Parker's four month countdown to his birthday. I can't believe he will be three soon. He is such a great kid but he can beat me down at times. He is always on the move and always into everything but he is so affectionate and very loving. We had to take our vacuum in for repair the other day...Parker was in heaven. For those of you who do not know, Parker is obsessed with vacuums. He is on his second toy one now. So I am thinking that maybe I should just have his birthday party at the vacuum store. That would be fun right???

Hopefully, I will get the blog in better shape soon! Thanks to all of my good friends who wrote letters of recommendation for Matt and I! We love you!


1 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

LOVE the new color scheme. I am so glad you finally got started on the homestudy, let's get this ball rollin'. See you soon!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG