Saturday, May 20, 2006
Could It Get Any Hotter????
Well here we are and it is not even the end of May and we hit a record high of 98 degrees yesterday. Of course, there is no rain in sight to relieve us either. We kept busy this week with our second to last swim lesson on Thursday. Parker is turning out to be quite a water baby. Of course, he loves swimming in his back yard pool much more than the organized lessons.

Moving forward on the adoption front. I had my first meeting with our social worker this week. I did my one on one. It was nice and easy and only took a little over an hour. Matt and I drove out to our second meeting today and that was also easy. Now Matt just has to have his meeting and we will have our final home meeting the second week in June. We are moving right along. This has been a smooth process so far and I hope it remains so. I know this is the easy part, the hard part is waiting. Keep your fingers crossed that the rest of our paperchase goes this smoothly.

I had to miss my lunch with my wonderful adoption friends yesterday but instead I got to spend some time in the Redman waterpark. This consists of my backyard, a kiddie pool, a slide, and an Elmo that squirts water. See the pictures for yourself. Parker had two of his friends over yesterday and they had to much fun! I was watching his friend Celia for awhile and then my other great friend Melanie came over with her son Blake. By the time we went inside after three hours outside, we were all beat. I think Mel and I were more beat than the kids. And yes, we lathered them with sunscreen. Needless to say, we didn't venture outside today.




We are looking forward to seeing our friends Erin and Mollianne on Monday. Erin needs some big hugs and we are going to give them to you. Maybe Mollianne will be up for playing in the Redman waterpark if it isn't too warm. Hope everybody is having a wonderful weekend!!



1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Don't you just love Texas in the summer? We are really looking forward to tomorrow as well. I will bring her swimsuit just in case. Big hugs, my friend!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG