Thursday, July 13, 2006
I'm BACCCCCKKKKK!!

Okay, once again I know I have been a bad blogger but I really do have some excuses. I have been busy interviewing for different jobs ever since we returned from vacation last week. Also, Parker and I have a lingering cold that I think we developed from the allergies in Colorado. It is one of those wonderful colds that gets worse before it gets better. My normally 90 mile an hour child is laying in my bed watching "Wonder Pets". Blah!

We had a wonderful vacation. We went to Keystone, Colorado with some of our best friends, JJ, Rebecca and Celia. I have been going to Keystone since I was a child and now it is so wonderful seeing how things change but stay the same over time. The weather was beautiful, it rained everyday and never really got above 65 degrees. Rebecca and I would find ourselves complaining that we were hot when it couldn't have been over 60 degrees. The kids really enjoyed themselves and were so happy to just be outside everyday! We seem to be going every few years to Keystone so we can't wait to go back with our friends in a few years and see how the kids have grown! Here are some great pictures of our trip...


Parker and Celia in front of the river that runs through Keystone!

Matt, Parker and I among the amazing beauty of Colorado! We can't wait to come here in two years with Mei Mei!


JJ, Rebecca and Celia on the plane ride to Colorado!

So yes, things are going well on the job front too. I have been interviewing like crazy and I have been in front of some really great companies. I am hoping the offers start coming in soon. I have a feeling I will have to make a decision between a few. And yes, we have been looking at some private home preschools for Parker and also one called Carpe Diem which we really liked. We are on the waiting list there and it is very $$$ but we really liked everything about it. I really think Parker is going to love preschool, he loves his summer camp now. I also think that he is going to really flourish with his speaking and eating skills. I am sure it will be me who has the harder time cutting the cord. I am just enjoying my time with him now!

Other than than, Matt is finishing up his dissertation. He is getting so many of his surveys back in that we are so happy. A little background...as part of your dissertation you have send out surveys becaue you research to compile. So right before we left to go out of town, Matt and I stamped, labeled, and stuffed 2400 envelopes/surveys. He is really getting a great return and I am so proud of him!

Lastly, I will do the 7 things that got passed onto me! Here you go!

7 Things I would like to do before I die:

*Watch my children grow up, be happy and live their dreams!

*Watch my grandchildren grow up and meet my great grandchildren!

*Grow old with Matt and continue to laugh everyday!

*Travel around the world with Matt when we retire!

*Live in New York for a few months after we retire!

*Run a marathon!

*Live in my perfect house with all the memories it will contain over the decades and NEVER sell it!

7 Things I cannot do:

*Eat mayo on anything.

*Stop worrying about things.

*Imagine life without my family and friends.

*Drive slow.

*Ride on carnival rides or rides at the State Fair...I will ride any roller coaster at Six Flags or DisneyWorld but anything that is controlled by carnies and gets packed up at the end of a few weeks is NOT for me.

*Travel Cheaply or on a budget...we always splurge on our vacations!

*Stop be amazed at the strength my husband and I have and the wonderful zest for life my son has!

7 Things I CAN Do:

*I can throw a hammer, shot put, and discus!

*I can burp very loudly...good ones!

*Make just about anybody laugh!

*Spend mucho dinero on clothes for Parker, accessories for me, clothes for Matt and soon to be a new wardrobe for Mei Mei!

*Interview really well!

*Adjust to very stressful situations!

*Get in shape very quickly and have amazing willpower if the mood strikes me!

7 Things that attracted me to my Husband:

*His size...6'7"!

*His amazing sense of humor!

*His patience with me...he is the Yin to my Yang!

*His wonderful family!

*His stability when Parker was in the hospital after he was born and he had to return to work.

*His calmness when we made our three ER visits with Parker last year because he was passing his kidney stones as a result of his prematurity!

*His strong work ethic, determination, and ablilty to relax at the drop of a hat!

7 Things I say most often:

*Matt!

*Parker!

*$%&%%#*...working on this!

*Pick it up...always said to Parker!

*Are you serious??!!

*Whatever!

*That's Recockulous!

7 Movies I LOVE:

*A Christmas Story (I can watch this over and over again)!

*Overboard (Love this...a favorite of my college roommate and I)

*Jurassic Park (So fun!)

*Twister (Love it)

*Ocean's 11 (Ocean's 12 was awful and they are making Ocean's 13...help us)

*Sixteen Candles (who doesn't love Jake Ryan)?

*Revenge of the Nerds (great 80's humor)!

7 Books I love:

*Alas Babylon (read it in high school and it really impacted me)

*Harry Potter (1-6...soon to be 7)

*Anything by Mary Higgins Clark...they are fluff and easy reads but I love them!

*Can You Keep A Secret? (very cute!)

*Pledged (Interesting look at sororites)

*A Million Little Pieces (loved his friend Leonard)

*People Magazine, US Weekly...any type of gossip I can get my hands on!

Okay that is is for this long post! I was going to post more pictures but it is not letting me. I promise to post more often! I will update on the adoption soon!



1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Welcome back! I was ready to issue and APB on you! Your vacation looks marvelous.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG