Sunday, August 20, 2006
Off to Work I Go....














Miss Mia having fun on my couch!! What a great girl!!

Well, tomorrow is the big day! I can honestly say, I am not very nervous. I have been through many more trying things and this just doesn't stack up to those things. I am excited though. The idea of being able to go to work tomorrow and make good money for my family and also to get great benefits makes me happy. It also makes me happy to know that I am doing this to save money for Mei Mei. Of course, I will miss Parker. I missed him the two days that I took him to preschool last week. However, I saw how much he liked it and how much fun he had an it made it all the easier on me!! He is such a great kid and he has so much to learn and I know he will learn it at his preschool! It will be nice to be around adults for awhile during the day though!!

Friday, I hosted our Mommies Who Lunch group lunch at my house. We missed two of our members but we had a great time nevertheless. I have to tell you, this is a great group of women and you would never have guessed we hadn't been friends for years. We can all just sit around for hours about anything and everything! We do this monthly but I am throwing a suggestion out there that maybe somewhere in the next few months we do a Mommies Night Out or something like that. This is a fun group of ladies and I know we would have fun! I will miss them for our lunches but hopefully, I will be able to lunch with them again in October!

On the adoption front, we are sure to get our certified documents back this week and then I will turn them around and send them to be authenticated. I will get our family pictures together and then hopefully, it won't take much longer to get our 171 approval. We are at about a month now. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Hopefully, it will cool off soon here as well. It is just awful here! I am soooo looking forward to fall! I hope everybody has a great week and wish me luck tomorrow!


1 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Well...the Mommies Who Lunch have more photos posted of my daughters than I do! What a bad Mommy, I am! I hope that your first week back in the big world of interacting with grown ups on a daily basis (because reading blogs doesn't count as real interaction - I'm referring to myself here) went well. Do post and give us the scoop. BTW, I am all for a Mommies Night Out!! Let's plan it...SOON!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG