Tuesday, August 15, 2006
ON A ROLL...
Well, less than a week until I go back to work. I am trying to get a lot done in this time while trying to make the most of my time with Parker. I do get a little nostalgic when I think that I won't be the person who will be putting him down for naps during the day. Then I remember that many kids his age don't even take naps anymore. I have to admit that the time for this is perfect. Parker really does need to be around other kids on a daily basis and he also needs to be in a preschool setting. His mind is like a sponge and everyday he amazes me with something new. Today we ran up to Petsmart and he went up to the area where they have the cats for adoptiong. He waved at each cat and kissed the front of their glass/plastic cages. He is so adorable and never ceases to amaze me.

I have made a huge step forward in our adoption journery. Everything is out being certified right now, Passports are being renewed and we are just waiting for everything to come back to us so I can send it to be authenticated. Now hopefully, we won't have to wait forever for 171 to come back. I am really keeping my fingers crossed for a LID no later than mid-October. Then we will name our daughter and I can start buying some clothes. I don't want to buy anything until the LID and it is tough. There is some super cute stuff out there and the sales are great right now. To all my ladies who are LID, run don't walk to the super cute sales at Nordstroms! They have so many cute girly stuff on sale now. Perfect for the summer here which lasts 8 months!

I am looking forward to my ladies who lunch date on Friday. I am so happy to be hosting this one as it will probably be my last one...at least for a few months until I get settled, then I will be joining you guys again on my lunch hour! This is such a great group of ladies and it is nice to get together with them.

That is all for now...I have a plumber coming to replace my kitchen sink, fawcet, garbage disposal, and piping. Don't you love how a little leak becomes so big?? Oh well, it will be so nice to have a nice sink!


3 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

I am so excited for you, starting your new job!! I am also so glad you already have a plan to not miss too many lunches. It won't be the same without you! See ya Friday!!

Blogger Valerie said...

I love that you are so happy to start your new career...I wish I was motivated to go back to work. Looking forward to Friday!

Blogger Elle said...

Where the hell is the MWL post? I have got to get my kicks from somewhere. Can you tell I am bored? DH got home late on a Friday night and screwed up my dinner and movie watching plans. He did bring home Outback though. Yum. The good thing about being self employed is having no boss and the bad thing - the hours and messing with my plans. I have been waiting to see Scary Movie 4 all week. Damn.

Hey, have a good weekend before you become a career woman again!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG