Monday, July 31, 2006
Touching Base...
First of all, THANK YOU to all of my wonderful blogger friends. I really did appreciate your advice and I did take it to heart. I am fairly positive I am going to be going with job #2. It is the job where I will have to go to the office everyday but I really feel it is the right fit right now. The stability, pay, and insurance are too good for me to pass up. In all honesty, I have no idea what will happen when we get Mei Mei home (hopefully for Christmas 2007)...I might decide not to go back to work. So I think this will be the perfect job for the time being. And who knows, if I love it then I will have worked there long enough to get my 3 months off with her...only time will tell. I actually haven't gotten my official offer letter yet (from either job) but I did get a call from this company tonight telling me it is on its way. I do have to go to training for a week in California right when I start. That should be interesting considering the longest I have ever been away from Parker is 3 days. I choose not to think about that right now. I am honestly just enjoying everyday with him. I can tell though that he is ready to go to preschool. We took him to his yearly developmental doctor appointment today (a follow up from his prematurity) and she seems to think that he will do so well with the structure and routine of preschool. I have to admit, I have kept him very sheltered these past three years. I know the preschool thing will be harder on me than it will be for him.

Moving on...so my husband and I started Nutrisystem yesterday and so far so good. We are both wanting to shed the weight we gained after college. We also joined Lifetime Fitness and I have to say, I love it. Parker and I have been swimming in their fabulous pool the past two days and he is having a blast. Their workout facilities and equipment are great and the child care is great as well. Plus, it is hard for me to come up with an excuse not to go since it four minutes from my house. It was difficult for Matt and I both being college athletes to admit that we really needed to get on the ball. So I will keep you posted!

On the adoption front, I am still awaiting my fingerprint letter. I just got back my birth certificates with their official certification from the Secretary of State. We are making progress. I have to tell you that I love reading about all your secret pals...I can't wait to be one and I can't wait to get one! Yippee!

Hope everybody is having a great week!

P.S. Does anybody but me have problems loading pictures onto blogger from time to time????


2 Comments:

Blogger Elle said...

I am excited for you! I am all for MDO and Preschool programs. I think they are wonderful for the kids AND it is a sanity saver!

I need to get my butt back to the gym. I have been awful the last couple of weeks. It will get better once C and L are back to school.

Blogger Kelley said...

Congratulations, girl! A new job, a new eating plan and a new gym all in one post. Wow! I'm exhausted! We'll miss you at lunch, but that just means that we'll need to definitely make an effort to plan a Mom's Night Out...and soon!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG