Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Lots to Share!!!
Hello everbody! So let me catch you up on the adoption stuff...we finally sent in our I600A form last Saturday via FedEx and it was delivered to its destination on Monday! Today I got a confirmation letter from the Department of Homeland Security that they had received it and we should be receiving our fingerprint notice in the near future. Yippee we are on our way to the end! Hopefully! I also sent both my birth certificates and Matt's to their individual secretary's of state to be certified as we were both born out of state. I finally feel like I am making progress again! Keeping my fingers crossed for a late September early October log in date. I know that is cutting it close but a girl can dream!

And on the job front...I am finally done interviewing. I have really been working the job thing for a few months and my hard work has paid off. Now I have two great offers from two great companies. This is where I need my friends advice...so chip in friends (Robyn, I know you will give me the honest opinion).

Just the nitty gritty of the offers...Job #1...Good base salary, would be selling litigation services, lots of money to be made, basically have the flexibility to come and go as I please and would work for an awesome boss in small group. It is the kind of position where I can come and go and be a lot more flexible with Parker (if he is sick or has a doctor's appt. I could work from home kind of thing). A lot of the work would be downtown but again I can set my own hours and such but to make good money I will have to be hitting it hard for awhile. Not a problem...it just has to factor into the consideration.

Job #2...10k more base salary but the overall package potential with bonus and such would be less than job #1. It is an in house kind of job, i.e. 8-5 kind of thing. It is doing Large Biz account management which is my background. It is not far from home (Addison) and they are all very nice there and everybody I have met with has been there for at least 5 years. Let me give you the kicker on this job...phenomenal insurance. Did I say pheonomenal insurance? I meant unheard of. Top of the line PPO...accepted just about everywhere and for my family of three soon to be four it will cost me about 32$ a month. Yes, you read that right $32. Oh and the deductible per year per family is 300$. It is a great company with lots of stability and potential.

So there lies my dilemna. I have been off for a couple of years so the idea of going back into the office is scary. However, it pays well and has great people and the rediculously good benefits. On the other hand, Job #1 has flexibility and freedom, a good guranteed salary with the potential to make a lot of money. So ladies...help me out here!




6 Comments:

Blogger Elle said...

I don't know... they both sound good! Is your hubby able to get off work easy to care for Parker if you go with #2? I like the stability of #2, especially with today's job market. I feeling #2. Let us know what you decide!

Congratulations on sending out your 1600A!!!!

Blogger Robyn said...

I second Shelli's post. #1 sounds good, working from home, the potential to make big $$$$ and set your own schedule; however, there are ALOT of variables. I am just more of a "sure thing" type of girl. You know what you will make, you know what the hours will be, you will be going into an established position and won't have to hump it to get started. Maybe, you should just flip a coin :)

okay, now I am channeling the fingerprint appt Gods to send you that notice!!

Blogger Valerie said...

Devils Advocate: Since you aren't the sole bread winner in the family and everything isn't riding on your income alone; take a chance to make the big $$$ and have the freedom of flexability working from home offers a soon to be mother of 2 requires. Either way they are lucky to have you!

Blogger Erin said...

I kind of agree with Valerie. I know that you get pretty decent insurance with Matt's job so I don't think that should be the sole factor. Plus, I like the flexibility of the first job. And you know that 8 to 5 jobs are rarely 8 to 5. Just my .02. I'd go with number 1.

Blogger Kelley said...

Both sound like great opportunities! What is MOST important to you aside from the salary? That's usually how we go about making career change decisions and with my DH, we have made a lot of career changes!

I'm so excited to hear that you're I600A is in process! Whoohoo!

Blogger Robyn said...

Okay I want to chime in again. I am not a big "salesperson" so that is why I would probably go with #2. I am just not comfortable with that. If sales is your "cup of tea" then that probably has the most benefits. Let us know your decision ASAP

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG