Sunday, December 10, 2006
LID!!! WE HAVE ONE! AND I AM A BAD BLOGGER!

We were LID on November 17th. So here we are almost a month later and I haven't posted it yet. I would love to think every month until we get Larkin will pass this quickly but alas, I know it will not. It has been very hectic since my last posting.

In a nustshell...we went to Michigan for Thanksgiving where Parker proceeded to get sick and we ended up in the ER due to his ears. He has had a chronic ear infection for months now but before you freak...this is not a painful ear infection. Our ENT has been following him for several months and we have gone through rounds of antibiotics...nothing cleared it up. We then tested his hearing and our doc said he wasn't concerned with what it looked like in his ears as long as his hearing was compromised. We were suppose to follow up in mid December again. Well, then we went to Michigan and we realized we had to have it done. It was a very long plane flight back. Needless to say, Parker will be having tubes put in on the 22nd. So, for me, the mother who bragged about her kid never having an ear infection...will not be eating her words. I have a feeling these will make such a noticeable improvement in his runny noses, colds, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining at all after everything Parker has been through but come one, the kid deserves a break. At least the kidney stones are gone...probably shouldn't say that out loud should I?

So my husband is graduating with his PhD this upcoming Saturday. I am so proud of him in so many ways. I have to admit, I am also ecstatic that we can put all of his schooling behind us. He has been in school every since we graduated with our undergrads in 98. Maybe I will finally finish my Master's...who knows?

So let me tell you what I am looking forward to...Christmas Eve, and Christmas! I LOVE the holidays! I am also looking forward to early next year because I know all of my good friends are so close to getting their babies. I cannot WAIT to go to the airport to see them all coming home. Robyn is first up and then Valerie...girls it is so close I can feel it!

I hope all is well with everybody! Happy Holidays!


1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

IAFT (it's about friggin time). Don't make me report you to the Blog Police for lack of blogging.

Great news on Mr. M's degree that is so exciting! Wow, your gonna be married to a "Dr."

Your Christmas decor looks marvelous.

You are so funny counting down...some people are predicint we are still 6-7 months away, but I am going to hold you to the airport visit!

Looking forward to seeing you at lunch.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG